Progress Update

It's Monday!  Hoo-Ray (that's 100% sarcasm there folks).  In this post, I'll give some progress updates on my DIY self-publishing and ebook marketing efforts.
  • Regarding review requests, in August, I posted about soliciting book reviewers.   I e-mailed approximately 25 requests to online reviewers (and yes, I read each of their review policies, so they do review self-published fantasy ebooks).  Since August,  I've probably solicited another dozen reviewers or so.  I'm still awaiting that elusive first review (I do have one unsolicited 5-star review on Amazon.com, which is very nice).  I'm not complaining--just trying to give a realistic example of how long it can take to get your book reviewed.  So far, expect at least a couple months.
  • Regarding Book 2 of the Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy, I finished running the story through Dramatica and  have written the 1st drafts of Chapters 1 and 2, and am now working on Chapter 3.
  • Regarding sales, I've sold approximately 13 ebooks for profit (mostly on Amazon, with one on Smashwords and one at B&N).  There have been some problems/delays getting the book available on Kobo, Diesel, and Page Foundry, but Crimson & Cream should ultimately be available at these retailers as well.  I've also given away roughly 50 free copies to potential reviewers, through OnlyIndie, Operation eBook Drop, and some Smashwords coupon promotions.
  • I received an e-mail from Novelnook about an upcoming website upgrade that will allow me to see sales data on their website as well (they're currently still in beta, rolling out functions).
I'm also working on a blog post for later in the week on another new online ebook retailing opportunity.  Stay tuned!

And I forgot to mention, I recently updated my writing links page.  It's a work-in-progress, but it already contains a lot of good resources.

And finally, here's another Halloween-themed Pinterst pic: