Home

Home - C.M. Skiera Website

Monday, January 28, 2013

Novelnook at IndieGoGo

I recently provided an honest testimonial for Novelnook, which now has a crowd-funding campaign in progress at IndieGoGo. I'll confess upfront that as part of the IndieGoGo campaign, the $10 donation features a free copy of Crimson & Cream (which I generously get reimbursed by Novelnook for). That's the extent of my self-promotion interest in Novelnook.

I was fortunate enough to discover Novelnook relatively early in their existence and signed on for the beta (as I blooged about here). Through my self-publishing experience with Novelnook, I've swapped e-mails with Novenook's founder Colton Joseph many times. Mr. Joseph has been helpful, professional, and courteous throughout the process, and it's a pleasure to work with him. I'd like to see Novelnook succeed based on that alone. However, as a self-published author, I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge the main draw of Novelnook: 100% Author Royalties.

So I'm spreading the word in hopes Novelnook will be around for a while. It's fun to be in on the ground floor of something new and watch it develop. Statistically, the odds for long-term viability may not be great, but with the dynamic, paradigm-shifting, constantly-evolving, self-publishing movement, you'd be a curmudgeon not to have an open mind about new approaches.

So that's my sales pitch for today. If you'd like to read a little more about what Novelnook offers to readers and authors, take a look here.

In unrelated news, I passed the 50,000 word mark on Book II of the Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy, and am still mulling over which of several potential titles to use. Smoke & Mirrors had been an early favorite, but there are already several books with this title, so I'm retiring it from contention. Regarding Book I, here's a Pinterest selection that fits perfectly with Crimson & Cream.

Source: google.com via CM on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...