Beginner's Chronicle of Self-Publishing #5: Requesting Reviews

Here's a little statistical research-in-progress, just to give you an idea of what to expect, should you do the same.  I've e-mailed approximately 25 requests to online book reviewers to see if they would be interested in reading and reviewing Crimson & Cream.  So far, I've had 2-3 people e-mail back politely declining for various reasons.  I've also heard back from 7 people indicating they were adding my ebook to their list.  So far, no reviews, but it's been less than two weeks since I started soliciting for them.  Many reviewers estimate a backlog of a month or more before they can get to your book.  Patience is key.

Regarding online reviewers, other than Googling, these are a few reviewer lists I found.  Some of their links are dead, and some are no longer accepting reviews, but it's a good place to start.

Comments