I Feel Stupid! (Google Play sells eBooks?)

So, I'm a big Google user--Blogger, GMail, Sites, Calender, Drive, Player, G+, Music, Book store . . . wait, what?  Books on Google Play?

I can't believe I haven't investigated Google's book store page sooner--hence my feeling stupid.  Again, like most of my posts, if you already know all about Books on Google Play (formerly the Android Market, not to be confused with the infamous Google Books, though it appears they are curiously connected) you might as well check back next week.  But if, like me, you've somehow been oblivious to this Google endeavor, more info lies within.

From Google's own support page, you can learn that Google Play is yet another way to buy books online.  What's a little different is that Google Play stores your ebooks in the cloud, so you can read them (and shop for more!) from just about any 21st century device (i.e., PC, phone, tablet, eReader) that connects to the Internet.  Google Play currently touts over 5 million books to choose from and unlimited cloud storage.

However, if you plan to (or enjoy the option to) read offline on your computer or eReader, ebooks are also available in ePub and PDF formats.  For some books, only the PDF  is available.  Now, remember, I'm not trying to convince you to buy your books on Google and store them in the cloud (that's their job, after all).  I just wanted to make you aware of yet another avenue on which to sell your self-published works.

I just enrolled in the Google Books Partner Program today, so I can't give you a link to the Crimson & Cream page (or my opinion of it) till next week.  Enrolling was relatively quick and painless (and free, of course).  The Beginner's Guide on the Google support site has all the gory details and legalities.

Instead of paraphrasing the official Google text, I'll just link to the information most indie authors are interested in.  Then you can get the real deal straight from the horses mouth (cliché fiesta!):  How selling books on Google Play works

Before I clumsily segue into my Pinterest non sequitur, I'd like to mention Crimson & Cream was reviewed on Readers' Favorite today.  Fortunately, the generous review helped me feel a little less stupid for the whole Google Play thing.



Source: google.com via CM on Pinterest

Comments

  1. I did not know about this, and I do believe I'll be spending the bulk of the rest of my day enrolling and getting my dozen books up on Google Play. Thank you so much for sharing this information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome A.M. If you have any experience to share after getting your books up (good or bad), please stop by and let me/us know. I'd be interested in hearing how it goes with that many books. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi--Just saw your post! I'm going to check it out! I am a writer and have a new book coming out next week! It's great to know about all these resources! I would love to have you check out my blog at: http://www.taryntaylor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taryn! Thanks for posting--I'm heading over to your blog right now. Best of luck with your book release!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment