Bublish, Reviews, and an Update

A bit of a mixed bag for today's post.  While I've got an upcoming review in the works about Dramatica and a free online editing software website I've found, neither are ready yet, so instead you get a little bit of a smorgasbord.  In today's post, I'll update some of the self-publishing topics I've been keeping you abreast of.

If you're not familiar with Bublish, I posted about it back in October.  I've been a bit of a slacker lately when it comes to using Bublish, but I'm trying to rectify that.  Here's my latest 'bubble.'

Regarding Volume II of the Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy, I received a nice shot of motivation from Fantasy Book Reviews this week.  If you're curious about what they had to say about Crimson & Cream (and you've fallen prey to my subtle foreshadowing), check it out here.

Speaking of reviews, my last update on this topic showed that of my approximately 60+ review requests I solicited, I hadn't received any reviews (although I did pleasantly receive two unsolicited reviews).  Since then, in addition to the Fantasy Book Reviews review mentioned above, I also received a review from EK Ellis Literary Works (search for Crimson & Cream to find the review).

Novelnook, another new-ish online self-publishing website I've blogged about recently received some positive press.  They were voted in the top 20 of all contestants and 5th in their respective category out of hundreds of businesses in a home-based startup competition hosted by Startupnation.com.  You can read more about it here if you'd like.

Jumping back to Volume II of the Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy, I've been sticking to my goal of writing at least one sentence every day (since mid-December).  Since trying to commit more time to writing a month ago, I've written over 15,000 words, or 500+ words a day, which is more than I had been averaging,  but still less than my goal of 1,000 words a day.  Regardless, the first draft of book two currently stands at 42,087 words and is a little over halfway finished.  I'm still struggling for a title, trying to pick one out of several in contention.

So that's all for now.  Here's a little Pinterest tidbit to brighten your day:

Comments